Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kikay Post: Fake Nails

I have a confession to make. I am a nailbiter. There. I said it. This odious habit of mine have been with me since adolescence and has been a blight on my otherwise beautiful hands. (hehe). Understandably, this has been one of my concerns come wedding pictures time. It's hardly attractive to view - as Ian so sweetly puts it - my hobbit nails immortalized in print. 

Thankfully, one of my maid of honors, Chat, introduced me to Dashing Diva Virtual Nails Nail Extension. From their flier: "Revolutionary (patent pending), full-cover nails for a perfect custom fit. Price includes nail application and polishing with color of your choice." It would take a minimum of an hour, perhaps more, depending on nail type, length, condition, etc.


I have to admit. The fact that the nail would be glued on your actual nail and embedded on your cuticles did give me pause. But desperate times called for desperate measures. I wanted to make sure that I had this option just in case I have awful nails by D-day. But look how pretty my nails were. :)

At Php800, this treatment is not cheap. But it is definitely a problem solver for nailbiters all around. Supposedly, the nails would last 2-3 weeks depending on how careful you are with them but mine lasted about 2 weeks. For each nail application (in case you lose one), it would cost Php80. I actually lost one nail, had it replaced, and then broke 2 nails so I just had them removed by then. 

Which brings me to the nail removal treatment called "Soak & Remove". It costs Php150 and would take about 10 minutes up. The removal process is done by immersing your nails in a sonicator bath filled with an acetone/lanolin solution. The bath would literally melt the fake nails after some time. I have my concerns with this removal treatment so I just tried to immerse the nails in the bath and not expose more of my fingers than I needed to. 

My thoughts: Is this treatment worth it? For about Php1000 (give or take) to have picture perfect nails on your wedding day, I think this would be worth it. But I'm gonna give growing my nails out and trying to refrain from nailbiting a try first. Let's just say that I'm leaving this as my last resort. :)

Note: Dashing Diva has a facebook page and can be found in seven Beauty Bar locations in Manila (Trinoma, Rockwell, Midtown, Greenbelt 5, Mall of Asia, Alabang Town Center and Eastwood). I had mine done in Eastwood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...